Saturday, February 21, 2009

Flights with Stan

Stan's Plane

I got the call. It was about 11 am. I was in my office and my phone rings. It's Stan. "Corey" he says, "I'm gonna bore a few holes in the sky at lunch. Do you wanna come?" Without hesitation I say, "Yes, of course. I'll be there!" So, we meet at the San Marcos Airport about 12:30.

This is the second time Stan has taken me up on a short flight in his plane. Stan is a volunteer in the Student Ministry and a father of two teenagers. He is just one of those guys you really respect and want to learn more from. He also has some pretty good aviation stories to tell after being a pilot for 20+ years. I have enjoyed getting to know Stan during our time in San Marcos.


The first time I went up with Stan was my first time ever in a small plane. I was thrilled to be soaring through the air. What a rush! Stan even let me control the plane for a few miles. It was awesome! This time around I brought along our camera. Below are a few shots from the skies above San Marcos!


Texas State University

Our House
(the one in the middle)


First Baptist Church, San Marcos

The old FBC San Marcos
(Now The Sanctuary Lofts)


Interstate 35 looking South

No comments: